Course Title: Communication Server 10.4 Administration (Instructor-led)
Course ID and Course P/N: KCS-TRN-ADMNLV-104
Duration: 3 Days
Skill Level: Introductory
Description: This course is designed to provide a basic understanding of the reliable exchange of Information between People, Applications and Devices using the Kofax Communication Server (KCS) platform. Students will get an overview of the KCS product range and learn about the Core functions of KCS. Furthermore it highlights the basic concept of Kofax products and how they integrate into the environment of the customer. Based on hands-on sessions, you will become familiar with the configuration possibilities of KCS.
Objectives: At the conclusion of the training, attendees will be able to
- Understand and configure the KCS including the TCOSS and the KCS file structure
- Setup and administrate user profiles, services, address book entries and Axx99 files with the KCS Client for Windows (TCfW)
- Know the most important administration tools (TCfW, KCS Monitor, TC/LT)
- Create and manage Coversheets
- Configure Fax Channels and know the KCS Line Server
- Understand the basic concept of LINKs and document conversion
- Setup and configure specific LINKs depending on customer requirements
- Do basic troubleshooting and know the most important trace settings
Methodology: Illustrated lecture and discussion, demonstrations and hands-on lab exercises.
Audience: This course is intended for technical professionals who need to administrate and support the Kofax Communication Server (KCS). Learning is accomplished through presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs.
Prerequisites: To get the most from this class, trainees should have …
- Basic working knowledge of Windows Server OS
- Basic understanding of networks
- Experience using Windows-based applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
Course Materials: All course materials are provided.