Course Title: Mobile Capture SDK
Course ID and Course P/N:
Duration: Expect to spend 4 hours to complete the content, and an additional 2 hours to complete the labs and exam.
Skill Level: Advanced
Description: This course covers the Kofax Mobile Capture SDK's capabilities and the steps to set up your Android Studio environment for building Android apps. The introductory module is followed by modules that guide you through developing small example apps with detailed code explanations. Step-by-step instructions are also provided for you to create the apps on your own.
Note: Please note that while the Kofax Mobile Capture SDK is also available for the iPhone, this course will specifically focus on developing native Android applications. All examples will be demonstrated using Android Studio, and while the SDK can be used in other IDEs, the provided sample projects are specific to Android Studio.
Objectives: Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of the Kofax Mobile SDK
- List the general components offered by the SDK
- List the prerequisites for working with the SDK
- Describe the purpose of a guided capture experience
- Understand the difference between capture and extraction
- List the different capture options available in the Mobile Capture SDK
- List the pros and cons of the workflow activities
- List the pros and cons of using the DocumentCaptureExperience class
- Create an Android Studio project that uses the Kofax Mobile Capture SDK
- Describe the communication between the Kofax Mobile SDK and a backend server
- Create an app in Android Studio that communicates with KTA or KFS
- Understand the relevant concepts of on-device extraction
- List the benefits of on-device extraction
- Describe the typical steps in an app that performs on-device extraction
- List the prerequisites for building an app that uses on-device extraction
- Identify the necessary steps in code that performs on-device extraction
- Compile and deploy the example on-device extraction app provided in the resources
- Know where to find additional information on the contents of the SDK
Methodology: The modules that comprise this course use a range of textual, interactive and multimedia resources to provide an engaging learning experience in which you will develop all skills necessary for secure and efficient use of the Mobile Capture SDK.
Audience: Android app developers who wish to incorporate document capture and extraction in their apps utilizing the Kofax Mobile Capture SDK.
Prerequisites: Software development experience, preferably in Java; Experience developing Android apps using Android studio; Access to a Kofax Total Agility (KTA) or Kofax Front Office Server (KFS); A Kofax Mobile Capture SDK license.
Course Access: 365 days from enrollment date
|Mobile Capture SDK Professional Developer||Perpetual||FREE|