Course Title: Capture and Extraction for MarkView Professional Developer (Instructor-led)
Course ID and Course P/N: KCA-TRN-CEMVLV-110
Duration: 4 Days
Skill Level: Introductory
Price: $4,335 Price per student. Available discounts are applied to the checkout cart. No charge to join waitlist.
Description:This course provides a thorough and complete understanding of the integration of document capture and automatic extraction of data with the Kofax MarkView 10.x solution.
The training consists of many hands-on exercises that will be introduced by the trainer and discussed afterward.
Objectives: After the training, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the process of transforming paper invoices to digital images.
- Understand the configuration of the Transformation project for the MarkView integration
- Explain the purpose of bar-code cover pages in the capture process and know how to generate them via Kofax MarkView Home.
- Create batches to capture invoices via scan or by import and perform automatic data extraction.
- Use and maintain Kofax Capture and Kofax Transformation for capturing and processing invoices and data for accurate delivery into the Kofax MarkView solution.
- Work with different document sets for configuration and optimization of the extraction process
- Use different techniques to extract information from the invoices
- Use knowledge bases for the ongoing improvement of the extraction process
- Check on the effectiveness of the standard solution.
- Enable the standard solution for initial use.
- Optimize the standard solution to move towards touch-less processing of invoices.
- Use and configure Kofax Import Connector to optimize the import of invoices to Kofax Capture from a variety of input sources (with a special focus on email import).
- Leverage VRS and adjust settings to improve image legibility and overall quality
Delivery Method: Instructor-led Classroom with Live-Online option where indicated.
Methodology: Illustrated lecture and discussion, demonstrations and hands-on lab exercises.
Audience: Professional Developers responsible for the configuration of the document capture and data extraction components of the Kofax MarkView product.
Prerequisites: To maximize the learning experience, students should have the following:
- Basic computer hardware/software knowledge
Operational knowledge of Windows Server and desktop platforms
Understanding of folders, files, and attributes
Navigational skills within Windows
Working knowledge of Client/Server concepts
Additional training resources: At the end of this training the participants will get a 1-year access to the ”Transformation Professional Developer” course.